Tuesday, 31 July 2007

Until the fat lady sings

Yesterday was my last day on call for general medicine and today was my last day on the wards.
It was a really nice day. We only had one very sick patient so I was ale to say goodbye to everyone I’ve been working with for the last six months. Dr Fletcher has given me an excellent reference and told be that I was a loss to medicine but was sure I’d do very well as an anaesthetist.
I brought in cakes and chocolates as a goodbye gifts and everyone said they were sad to see me go. I got lots of hugs from the nurses and lots of heart-felt “thank-you”s from the patients. It was all very touching really; it feels nice to be cared about.
I put on the radio as I drove away from Town Hospital for the last time and the fat lady was singing her heart out.


It’s 9pm and I’ve packed my stethoscope, clothes, food, portfolio into a bag and am about to set off on the 200-or-so mile journey to my new job.

As always, I'll keep you posted


Anonymous said...

Good luck!

Lala said...

Best of luck, hope it all works out!

Canuckian's Evil Twin said...

good luck junior doctor! :o)