Tuesday 31 March 2009

Today was a good day.

Today was a really good day. I was working with a really nice consultant and a really nice surgical team. The patients were friendly and happy and they’d all been worked up properly with all the appropriate pre-op investigations done and documented. There was lots of laughing all joking all day and all the operations went smoothly. When I went to see the patients after their operations, they were all comfortable and smiling.

Because the clocks have now gone forward, it was light enough to go for a lovely walk after dinner. It was one of those days that makes you feel really glad to be alive.

Today was a good day.

3 comments:

Elaine said...

In a different way, I felt the same today. Physiotherapy has improved my mobility no end, but, even more so, the sun was shining, and shining. It was so warm shinning in through the ambulance windows as we were driven home from the day hospital that I almost didn't want to get out!

Jo said...

I'm so glad that you are feeling good :-) The switch from GMT to BST always brings out the sunshine in me!

rosy said...

Apologies for off-topic post, but it just occured to me... how do you handle anaestetics for surgery on the mouth? Tonsil operations, cleft repair, that sort of thing? When I was having bone grafts etc into the roof of my mouth I was of course a bit young to wonder, but am I right that generally you intubate under general anaesthetic as a matter of course? And so do you have to do something different?