Friday 30 January 2009

Five things I didn’t see at the January payday party.


On the last Thursday of every month, there is a hospital payday party at a certain venue in town. These parties are good just because they tend to generate lads of gossip. Here are five things I definitely did not see at last night’s payday party…

1. A certain consultant become rather friendly with his very attractive female FY2

2. A med reg and ortho reg going toe-to-toe and literally screaming at each other

3. Team Paed’s hilarious “Stayin’ Alive” dance routine

4. One of the (married) nurses swapping spit with one of the house officers (naughty!)

5. A pair of medical students demonstrating that, despite their boasting, they really couldn’t hold their beer.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

lads of gossip, hehe.

Anonymous said...

Re: #2 - what was the context of this? I'm getting images of a stag fight with locked horns, but I think I may be off the mark...

Unknown said...

Consultant is such as LAD!

:D

Dr Michael Anderson said...

rooroo

I don't know what started it to be honest, I think it started off as a disagreement about a patient, but then, as is often the case when people are a bit drunk, it all got a lot more personal

Anonymous said...

Oh dear, sounds very unpleasant. Thank goodness for drunken medics to take the edge off!