Sunday 22 February 2009

What I'm looking forward to...


If you read my blog regularly, you’ll no doubt get the impression that I really enjoy may job, and I do. I love the people I meet, the people I work with and the things I get to do. What I would say though, is that being a doctor is really hard work. The early mornings, the long days, working nights, having to really concentrate for long periods to keep people alive and occasionally being thrown into really, really stressful situations all take their toll on you and you eventually get to the point where you just need a break.

You just need a bit of time to kick back, relax and recharge your batteries a bit. I’m in the middle of a particularly hardcore section of our rota and I really feeling like I need some time off. Some of the consultants have noticed it too, I’ve had comments that I’m not being my usual, happy self and the reason for this is just that I feel knackered most of the time. Luckily, I’ve booked myself a winter holiday and I’m really looking forward to it. I reckon I’ll come back refreshed and ready to dive back into work at the sharp end of acute care in the NHS.

3 comments:

madsadgirl said...

I hope that you really enjoy your holiday.

Anonymous said...

Enjoy your holiday...time to relax; we all need it from time to time.

ADDY said...

I reckon you deserve it. Enjoy!