Wednesday 6 August 2008

All Change

Today is the day of the junior doctor’s job change. All across the land junior docs like me are swapping jobs and starting new positions. Sometimes it’ll be a job within the same hospital but often it’ll be a job in a different hospital, even in a totally different part of the country (this is especially common now that MMC is now ru(i)nning our lives). It’s also the day that all the brand new doctors start work fresh out of medical school.

I’ve started a new, more senior position (ST2 woohoo!) in a smaller hospital in the same region. Today was our induction day. I usually hate induction days with a fury, but, to give credit where credit is due, today’s ran quite smoothly, to time and there wasn’t too much in the way of dull irrelevant rubbish. I met a few of the people I’ll be working with over the next few months and there were a few familiar faces from my last hospital there as well.

I have to say, I’m feeling quite excited about my new job. I think the change of scene will be interesting, if nothing else. I’m looking forward to doing a lot more work in the maternity unit and I’m looking forward to meeting new people and making new friends.

Tomorrow I get to see what the anaesthetic department, the operating theatres and the Intensive Care Unit are like and I’ll meet a few of the consultants too. It should be good.

I know that this probably sounds really sad and geeky but I honestly can’t wait to go to work tomorrow.

Oh and by the way, the Occupational Health Nurse took two seconds to look at my arm, then signed the form. I really glad I didn't make the trip on my day off to do it.

6 comments:

Lemon said...

Good luck in your new job! I'm sure you'll love it!

Jo said...

Good luck with it all - I hope it goes really well :-)

Elaine said...

All the best for your new job!

Dr Michael Anderson said...

Thank you all very much, I'm feeling really good about it - hopefully this feeling will last!

Anonymous said...

Good luck in the new job

Nurse To Doc said...

Love your blog!
good luck with the new post

Anna
xx